The frequency of washing a car is very relative since the climate and the level of dirt are very variable factors depending on the areas where it is driven. Dust, pollen, mud, marine climate are all elements to consider, however, it is estimated that an acceptable average is about 15 days between washing and washing.
A very long lapse between washes can cause paint damaging agents to eventually ruin the aesthetics of the car. On the other hand, very frequent washing causes the same detrimental effect, since cleaning chemicals are also harmful agents if abused.
Step by step of the exterior car wash
- The first thing to do is to remove the surface dirt with the help of water pressure.
- Then, you must add the car shampoo and spread it over all the areas gently, with the help of a sponge or microfiber. For wheels and plastics, it is recommended to use the specific products for each material and take care not to confuse or mix them.
3. Subsequently, rinse and repeat the shampoo in areas that you think need a touch-up. This, because for the waxing there should be no residue.
4. Once the car is completely clean, you can dry it with clean microfiber cloths. Never use cloths that you have destined for the cleaning of another surface, because you may be damaging the paint of the car.
5. When the washing and drying process has been done, it is recommended to protect the paint so that it is not exposed, applying wax.
Car interior cleaning
1. The first thing that is recommended is to start with the carpets, the floor and the small spaces that remain between the seats and the doors. To do this, you can start with a deep vacuum and complement it with an air compressor.
2. If the mats are rubber, you can wash them with a brush, soap and water; and then rinse them with a pressure hose.
- Next, clean the heating and air conditioning ducts.
- With a mixture of soap and water, clean the dash and all the internal plastics of the car.
- With the same mixture as above or with a specialized product, you can clean the vehicle’s internal windows.
- Next comes the cleaning of the tapestry, for which it is recommended to use dry foam or upholstery soap, which helps to remove stains and removes dirt and impregnated dust.
- Once the plastics are dry, you can apply silicone, which will help protect them and can help them enhance their shine.
- Finally, you can use a scent to make your car smell like new.
Tips for car paint care
If you want to protect the paint on your car, it is recommended to use good quality products that have been created for this function. Most cleaning products are abrasive and have an acidic or alkaline PH, but you should consider that car paint needs neutral pH and soft composition products to last over time.
The water pressure is important since it will allow you to remove most of the dirt without having to touch the car. In this case, it is advisable to use a small pressure washer.
Cloth products should be used exclusively for each surface, this way you will avoid spreading the strongest chemicals to the most delicate areas.
Some car cleaning products
These are some of the products that are used in the exterior and interior cleaning of a car so that you take them into account in case you do not want to pay for the service of a car wash. IMPORTANT, we do not recommend any brand, the examples below are a guide: